Duration: Approximately 30 lecture hours
- To improve the students’ problem solving skills by introducing mathematical software and mathematical programming.
- Introduction to MATLAB.
- Basic arithmetic operations, functions, vectors and complex numbers
- Graphics with MATLAB
- Programming in MATLAB
- Symbolic mathematics with MATLAB
At the end of the course the students will be able to:
- Use MATLAB commands to do mathematical calculations.
- Write MATLAB programs to solve a problem.
- Interpret the results obtained by a MATLAB program.
- Getting started with MATLAB, Rudra Pratap, Oxford University Press, 2010.
- A guide to MATLAB for beginners and experienced users, Brian R. Hunt, Ronald A. Lipsman and Jonathan A. Rosenberg, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
Method of Assessments:
- End of semester two (2) hours practical examination – 70%
- Continuous assessments – 30%
Attendance requirement: Mandatory
Note: Only those who satisfy 80% attendance at lectures will be allowed to sit the end of semester examination.
- Course Outline
- Basics (Part I)
- Basics (Part II)
- Basics (Part III)
- Interactive Computation (Part I)
- Programming in Matlab